8 Best Yoga Mats for Sweaty Guys 2020
The best yoga mats for sweaty guys are non-slip mats. They are the best for yoga because can be used by the sweaty guys to provide the reliability and firmness they need while practicing.
These mats have a variety of styles and are easy to clean as they have some textures surfaces that help both in cleaning and griping the body.
Additionally, these mats are made from eco-friendly materials that are safe on the skin and absorbs the sweat moisture on the skin surface. The materials used are not slippery, allowing the sweaty men to focus on their yoga practice.
8 Best Yoga Mats for Sweaty Guys
Here are some of the top-rated yoga mats for sweaty hands, Palms and knees.
1. Manduka PRO Mats – Best Sweat Resistant Yoga Mat
It is the best sweat resistant yoga mat with a perfect reputation as yoga equipment. The mat is very durable and has unmatched comfort that helps in cushioning. It is very stable for all yoga guys.
The Manduka PRO mat is also recommended for beginners as it provides tremendous support and let them try different varieties of yoga. It uses a technology that does not allow any sweat to get inside it, making it hygienic and reducing the risks of slip. Additionally, it is soft, non-toxic and has a variety of colors and plain solids that helps you to concentrate. It is also recommended best for meditation services as it helps one to relax, calm and stay focused.
- Dimensions: 85 x 26 x 0.2 inches
- Weighs 9.5 pounds
- Very stable with good traction
- Comfortable and soft
- Plain colors that help in focusing
2. Gaiam Yoga Mats – Best Extra Thick Yoga Mats
This is the best extra-thick mat and is made of the best quality materials. It is the best fit for you if you sweat excessively and have palmar hyperhidrosis disorder. The Gaiam Yoga Mat is 6 mm thick and has extra thickening that supports painful joints, making exercising more comfortable. It also has a non-slippery texture and can adhere to any place they are put. When unpacked, the mat should not be immediately used as it produces a bad odor and must be unrolled and placed in the open air for at least three days.
The solid plain color mat is the best as it helps in maintaining focus while performing yoga.
- Dimensions: 68″L x 24″W x 6mm Thick
- 6P Free PVC
- Weighs 2.8 pounds
- Variety of designs and colors
- Good texture in the surface
- Comfortable as they are extra thick
- Has a bad odor when new and unpacked
3. Heathyoga Eco-Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat
It is eco-friendly and non-slippery, The mat uses a TPE material, which does not produce bad odor, unlike the rubber or PVC materials. It is best for the beginners who aim at training themselves to do the yoga exercises perfectly. Additionally, the mat is 6mm thick and has double layers, which give a person good comfort and cushioning.
The mat is made up of light material and has a variety of six different solid colors.
- Body Alignment System
- Thickness: 6mm
- Weight: 2.8lb (Approx)
- Manufactured for over 10 years now
- Excellent quality
- Variety of colors
- Good durability
- Has a larger surface area, occupying more space
4. Aurorae Classic – Best Yoga Mat for Sweaty Guys
The Aurorae Classic is the best moisture resistance yoga mat. The mat can be useful because it prevents the unhygienic conditions from affecting the person if left unwashed for several days. Moreover, washing and cleaning the mats are super easy. Therefore, it should be cleaned at least once per week. Vacuuming it can even work better because the process is safe and non-toxic, and the cushioning prevents the body from sinking into it.
Most importantly, the mat is made for the kids, women, and men.
- Dimensions: 5mm thick, 72” long and 24” wide
- Weighs 3.7 pounds
- 2-year guarantee
- Variety design and colors
- They have an optimum thickness
- Their bottom surface is sticky
- The top surface is perforated for no specific purpose and would be better if made moisture resistance entirely
5. Clever Yoga Mats – Best Extra Long Exercise Mat
It is the thickest mat and best for prolonged exercises. It can be best used by people with joint problems like the elderly and children. The has a non-slip surface and has a power yoga that ensures good stability and support. It weighs 2 pounds, making it easy to carry along, and it cannot get peel or flake off easily. The Clever Yoga Mat also has a closed-cell surface that does not allow germs or bacteria or sweat to get inside.
It is effortless to be cleaned.
- Dimensions: 72″ long x 25 1/4″ wide
- Weighs 4 pounds
- Made from TPE foam
- Moisture resistance
- Maximum comforting cushioning
- Closed-cell technology ensures good hygiene
- Unattractive designs
6. Jade Harmony – Best Yoga Mat for Sweaty Palms
It is the best mat for people with sweaty palms as it has an excellent grip. It has a moderate thickness of 3/16 inches and helps in preventing moisture from staying on the top surface. The bottom layer is made up of sticky texture, and it has a spongy and supportive cushioning. They have five different sizes, but 71 or 74 inches are the most effective because others have less stability when placed on the floor.
However, it is not recommended for people suffering from joint pain since it is not thick enough.
- Made in the United States
- 5.1 pounds
- Good stability
- Variety of sizes
- Sweat resistance
- Thinner than other mats
7. TOPLUS – Best Lightweight Yoga Mats
It is made up of a TPE material with excellent traction. It is stable and reversible as a person can use it either way. You can change sides if the top surface fades off. The Toplus Mat has an optimized thickness and cannot slip from any position placed. It is moisture-resistant and can help a person who sweats a lot.
The available colors include purple, blue and black shades.
- One-year warranty
- Dimensions: 72-inch x 24-inch x 6mm
- 1.5 pounds
- Made of the TPE friendly material
- Two in one
- Optimum thickness
- It has a lightweight
- Must be cleaned regularly
8. Gaiam Yoga Mats for Beginners
It is durable and made of the best quality. But the mat has eye-catching prints and designs, which might distract you. The Gaiam Yoga Mat is made up of PVC but cannot produce bad odors when left in the open air when opened. It also comes with a token of free bonus downloadable yoga workout program, which helps the newbies to perform the exercise perfectly.
Notably, The Gaiam Yoga Mat is sweat-resistant and ensures great hygienic conditions too.
- 6P Free PVC
- 3.12 pounds
- Dimensions: 68″L x 24″W x 6mm Thick
- Great grip
- Better comfort and cushioning
- Better quality material
- Variety colors might destruct you
Read below to help find the right mat for you.
The Ultimate Guide to Buying Yoga Mats for Sweaty Guys
What to Look for When Looking for a Yoga Mat
In reality, any truly good quality yoga mat should be non-slip, unless they are specifically designed for other purposes. But knowing the best brands can prove a daunting task
Here are several important factors to look out for when buying a good quality yoga mat.
This is an important aspect when buying a mat as you should consider purchasing a high-quality mat, which is more expensive. However, it can last for a massive period compared to the cheap ones that need to be replaced more often, making the whole process more expensive.
Some yoga mats are made in a way that they become stockier the more you sweat, or they dry fast when a person sweats, which is an impressive factor that might increase its efficiency.
Size and Weight
You should always look for a mat that is longer than yourself in size. Also, consider the weight when purchasing. For instance, if the mat is intended for home use, any weight can do, but if you want to travel with it as you wish, you must consider purchasing lighter ones.
Purchase the stickiest mats as possible as they ensure the dreads slides are prevented as you fit them.
Although appearance is not essential, having the most attractive and beautiful mat can motivate you while doing exercises.
The mats purchased should be of materials that are economically friendly from sustainable sources. The ones made of cheap plastics should be avoided than the ones made from natural materials.
This depends on personal preferences. For instance, if you do your workouts on the floor, you should choose a thicker mat to protect your knees and offer more stability.
This also depends on personal preferences. But purchasing an antimicrobial mat will help in warning of the nasty bacteria that can be from sweat, reducing risks of infections.
This is mostly made for people with allergic skin to prevent any allergic reactions when sweating.
Why You Should Use a Non-Slip Yoga Mat
Yoga mats designed to withstand sweat have several benefits, including:
- Allows a Person to Hold Poses for Long: When exercising on a non-slip mat, you can hold on your breath easily as you concentrate more on those exercises.
- Helps in Shifting Transitions: The non-slip mats have a stable base that allows you to make one transitional move to the other smoothly.
- Helps in Muscle Building: The mats assist you in targeting the particular areas you want to build safely.
- Increases Your Confidence: When using a non-slip mat, you can be sure that you will not slip. This helps you put all your focus on the exercise.
- Reduces the Chances of Injuries: You are unlikely to slip during the exercises. The non-slip mat also reduces the chances of improper alignment, lowering the chances of getting any injuries.
- Longer Lifespan: These mats are designed in a way that they cannot wear out easily. Therefore, you do not have to replace them more often.
If you are looking for the best yoga mats for sweaty guys, you must consider a double-layered top surface to avoid using the towels frequently, which might make those exercises hectic. The double surface will help in absorbing sweat and making surface non-slippery.
The above mats are currently the best in ensuring yoga exercises are done more efficiently.